- I.D. 4 Council met on May 17th at the Community Centre and had two delegations:
- The first delegation was by the RCMP Sergeant, who provided a year end report for 2018. The RCMP building in Waterton will be under construction throughout the summer and possibly into the fall. Consequently, police services will continue to be dispatched from Pincher Creek.
- In the second Council delegation, Municipal Affairs presented a clean financial audit for 2018. Council approved the 2018 financial statements.
- Council also approved the 2019 budget and the 2019 Tax Rate Bylaw. There will be increases in residential and non-residential municipal taxes due to a projected 4% increase in the Alberta School Foundation, and a reduction in provincial MSI operating capital grant, both of which are beyond I.D.4 control.
- Council amended its remuneration bylaw (Bylaw 2019-03) by capping Council honoraria and reducing overall Council expenses. This will lead to savings in next year’s budget.
- Council passed third reading on Bylaw 2019-01, Councillor Code of Conduct. The bylaw is a provincial requirement and provides Council with clear guidelines for appropriate interactions with one another, administration and members of the community, leading to a cohesive and effective Council.
Please contact Abe Tinney at 403 753 3322 (ext. 1007), or, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback on any of these items.